Thursday, April 21, 2011

Community Connection- ARTicles Shadow BoxExhibition

     Our school has recently been asked to participate in the ARTicles Shadow Box Exhibition, being displayed at Victoria Jubilee Hall in Walkerton from May 11th until May 14th. After the exhibition, the shadowboxes will be sold and all proceeds will be going to the Youth Literacy Council in Hanover.
     Here is my contribution to the show. The suggested theme was Waterlife, which is what I decided to follow. This piece was created with transparent photographs mounted on broken glass, to create a 3D environment that depicts two different scenes, depending on how you place it. I ended up calling it Rush Hour.
     Two of our grade 12 students created pieces as well which I look forward to displaying as soon as I get some pictures.
     Additionally, I look forward to posting pictures of the annual Walkerton Juried Art Show, which will start on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011. About 20 of our students participated and I can't wait to share the excitement of having their art displayed in the community!
*  A special thank you to Mr. Mount who helped me construct the special shadow box *


Rush Hour, by S. George-Easton, 2011
Rush Hour, by S. George-Easton, 2011

0 comments: